• Wednesday 9th August 3 p.m. – Registration closing date for Seniors INTERCLUB: Names need to be in on Noticeboard at club or contact Dave Burgess, Interclub Controller, ph. 5769973. You can also register online at http://www.korutennis.co.nz/registration.html
• Saturday 16th August 10 a.m. - Working Bee: all members encouraged to come and help before the new season starts. See you there.
• Friday 29th August - Key Change Over: The locks for both court and light access will be changed on Friday 29th August. Please ensure you return your old key to Dave Brook (Club Captain) or any committee member. If you have lost your key, there will be a $10 charge for replacement.
• Saturday 30th August
o 9 a.m. - Juniors Opening Day and registration
o 1 p.m. - Seniors Opening Day for new season: BBQ provided.
Any Senior enquires phone Steve Morris 576 6170 (evenings) ph. 021 688 455 or use the online contact form: http://www.korutennis.co.nz/contact-us.html
• Friday 5th September - The Intermediate Junior session starts: it will run each Friday between: 6:00-7:30 p.m.
• Saturday 6th September
o The Junior Saturday morning session starts: it will run each Saturday same time as last year between: 8:30-10:00 a.m.
o The first round of Interclub: we expect to have the draws available and displayed at the clubroom on Saturday 30st August.
• Sunday 7th September – Club Day change: from Saturdays to Sundays at the same time 1 p.m. (due to interclub being played on Saturdays)
• Saturday 20th September – Registration closing date for Junior Interclub: if you wish to play junior interclub this season please have your names in on the noticeboard or ring Maree Burgess, ph. 576 9973. You can also register online at http://www.korutennis.co.nz/registration.html
o Interclub starts end of October. Note interclub is played on a Sunday morning due to lack of court availability on Saturdays.
o If you put your name down you need to be committed to playing every Sunday until early December.
Juniors: Parent Help: each parent is asked to do one help session on a Saturday morning in a time that coincides with your child’s coaching. It involves monitoring a court for an hour and a half. You need not have any sporting skills to do a parent help session. A parent help list is available to put your name down in a time that suits.
The new tennis season is almost upon us. This newsletter is to give everybody an overview of our scheduled activities: what we are doing and when.
Keep an eye on the website and the whiteboard in the kitchen, as those will include reminders as well as additional activities.
We are having a very cold winter so let’s hope we have a hot and dry summer making for a good season of tennis.
Membership Growth & Retention
If an existing member introduces a new member to the club the existing member is entitled to a $25 reduction/rebate off their Sub or a free Koru shirt.
Also if you pay your subscription before the 20th September 2014, as well as getting the $10 early payment discount you also go into the draw for a full subscription refund. This is open to all members.
We would like to thank the sponsors of the club for their continuing support and sponsorship of our junior program: Tiger Turf, Lanta, Hafele NZ, Creative Kitchens & Kiril Kirilov Builders.
We are introducing a more competitive element following our usual club-night on Wednesdays. From 7.30 pm on the first and 3rd Wednesday of each month we will make up SINGLES competition using the existing “ladder” format ie first to nine games etc. We will do something similar for DOUBLES on 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. See noticeboard for enrolment and other details.
The 2014/2015 season runs from 1st September 2014 until 31st August 2015.
Please note, there is no price increase from last season. Please check the fees here.
A $10 early payment Discount applies if full payment is received by Saturday 20th September 2014.
We encourage payment using internet banking. This keeps our administration burden down and enables us to focus on other areas e.g. funding applications, membership & retention initiatives etc. that can further benefit all Members.
Name: KORU (PAK) LAWN TENNIS CLUB
Account Number: 12-3056-0660482-00
Please ensure you include a reference e.g. JBloggs SnrSub0912.
Print a copy of proof of payment and hand this to a Committee member when you are next at the club. A receipt and key will then be provided. Please ensure you return your old key.
If you do not have access to internet banking you can bring your cash or cheque to the club rooms. The key changeover date will is 29th August so please have your old key with you (and a receipt for your payment of the 2014/2015 subs) in order to obtain a new key.
Please ensure you have paid your subscription prior to 20st September ($10 discount applies) as this ensures the Committee is able to plan for the season ahead with a true understanding of how many members we have on board.
We look forward to seeing you again at the club this season for another great year of tennis.